You want to get fit and play through all relevant (life-threatening!) neuroradiologic emergencies and see if you have made the right diagnosis and the right choice for the next procedure? Do you want to consolidate your background knowledge of the most important neuroradiologic emergencies? You are not a radiologist, but work on a neurological/neurosurgical ward and would like to be able to assess neuroradiologic emergencies yourself?
That’s exactly why we developed our LernRad Cases Special!
- To gain confidence in the diagnosis of neuroradiologic emergencies, including all forms of intracranial hemorrhage, ischemia/infarction, neurotrauma and hydrocephalus
- To provide the appropriate information required for the management of neuroradiologic emergencies, including management of non-traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage and indications for mechanical thrombectomy/endovascular therapy
- Consolidation of knowledge based on a total of 150 questions on acute pathologies (6 questions per case)
The LernRad Cases Special are an interactive training camp directly from clinical practice for:
- Radiology residents
- Board-certified radiologists
- Residents and board-certified specialists outside of radiology working in the emergency room or on neurological/neurosurgical wards
Each of the 25 cases comes directly from clinical routine. In our integrated Dicom viewer, you can look at each case by yourself, based on the tried-and-tested LernRad didactics, and form an opinion. This is followed by 6 questions for each case (150 questions in total in this case collection), in which you have to assess which pathology is involved. This is followed by further questions on the various pathologies and clinical procedures. We have annotated each case elaborately and added interactive elements so that you can understand exactly how the assessment is made. As a special bonus, we have developed special “cheat sheets” as reference material for you, which you can download and print for your daily work at the reporting station or digitally archive.
You can take a look at case 6 in our free preview lessons if you’re not sure if the concept is right for you.
The focus of this case collection (Cases Special) is on the direct assessment / diagnosis of neuroradiologic emergencies and the acquisition of background knowledge on the respective pathologies. If you would like to learn how to systematically write a radiology report (with direct feedback!) for the cases, then take a look at the Cases: Emergency Neuroradiology. The Dicom images used in Cases Special and Cases are the same.
Working through the entire case package takes about 2-3 hours, depending on prior knowledge.
Important: You should have access to a desktop PC or laptop with a proper mouse for optimal functionality of the Dicom viewer and the interactive course content.
For the duration of your subscription (which will be automatically renewed each month if not canceled), you have full access to the Cases Special. You can cancel your subscription at any time. Sharing your access data with third parties is, of course, not permitted (see also our general terms and conditions).